Monday, February 25, 2008

Change

Life takes on a whole new spin for me now. Yesterday was my last day as pastor of New Life Wesleyan Church. Now, for the first time in over nine years, I am not pastoring a church. Even when I was working other places, I was still pastoring. It's a weird feeling. I'll take a few weeks off to take care of some transitional items and finish up some projects I've started before I enter the workforce. One of those will be finishing up one of the novels I've been working on.

A few people have asked what's next for me. I'll find a "real" job as some say. Eventually, I will be part of a group of people who are on a faith journey and want to start something new. I'm excited about all that lies ahead even though there are so many unanswered questions. I know that God will be with me every step of the way and he will provide. He's already proven himself faithful. Despite the uncertainty, the whole family feels good about where we are heading because we know God is going ahead of us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loose paraphrase.....Once was young, now old but I have never seen the children of the righteous begging bread. God will take care of you and your family. Royboy