Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Reconnecting with the Sea

I haven't posted on this blog in almost six months. This post marks my third entry in about 5 days. Don't know what's up, I'm just running with it.

Last night I started reading America's Inland Waterway again. It was published by the National Geographic Society in 1973 and then again in paperback in 1983. My family was given a hardback copy signed by the photographer because there are pictures of my great-grandfather Stacy Guthrie in the book. That fact has always been a source of pride for the family. The book is basically a journal of the travels of a small sailing yacht up the Intracoastal Waterway. During part of that journey, the photographer stopped on Harkers Island and the rest is history.

The writer begins his journey in Massachusetts. On of his stops is New Bedford, where Herman Melville received his inspiration to write Moby Dick. As the writer details the emotional connection the locals have with the sea and their boats, I began to reminisce about my own childhood growing up in what was once a fishing village where everyone shared those same kind of connections. I find myself mourning for times lost. I experience naive and romantic notions of moving back home and somehow suddenly becoming an "old salt". I desire to immerse myself in knowledge of the history of my hometown so that I can reconnect with a lost heritage.

Our faith journeys often begin the same way. Something within our souls long to reconnect with something past. It's the calling of the Holy Spirit, inviting us to reconnect with our Creator and repairing the broken relationship severed thousands of years ago in the Garden. We can immerse ourselves in Him as he fills us with his presence. Fortunately for all of us, it's not just a romantic dream but a reality for all who believe.

2 comments:

slot pg said...

อยากเลิกใช้ รถมือสอง ต้องเล่น slot pg อยากเลิกใช้รถมือสอง เปลี่ยนเป็นรถมือหนึ่งมีเงินดาวน์รถได้สบายๆต้องมีช่องทางหาเงินเพิ่ม เข้ามาเล่น slot pg เลย มีเงินใช้เเน่นอน

pg joker said...

PG JOKER มีโปรโมชั่นมากมาย ให้คุณได้เลือก สิทธิพิเศษ สำหรับสมาชิกสุดพิเศษของพวกเรา เมื่อลงทะเบียนสมัครสมาชิกใหม่ รับโบนัสโดยทันที ของยอดฝาก เกมสนุกแถมได้เงินไม่อั้น พีจีสล็อต เว็บเดียวเท่านั้น