Sunday, February 28, 2010

Dreams

I was doing some journaling this morning, trying to record some thoughts before they disappeared and also to help me change gears so I could get ready for church.  In doing so, I came across an entry from January 5, 2007.  I was reading a book called The Dream Cycle at the time.  Here are some excerpts from that entry.


A dream is "a compelling awareness of what could or should be, accompanied by a growing sense of responsibility to do something about it."  (p.24)

Right now I would say my dream involves the multiplication of churches and disciples who multiply churches and disciples.  It also includes an opportunity to mentor others so that they can achieve their full potential wherever they are
What could be:     
  • enough Wesleyan churches in every city/area of eastern NC to adequately disciple every person in that city/area into holiness
  • leaders who are not frustrated by their situations because they feel equipped to handle all the speed bumps that come wherever they may serve
Wow, things sure have changed.  A year after this entry I resigned from the church I was pastoring due to many conflicts.  One year after that I turned in my ministerial credentials.  A little over a year later, I find myself continually struggling with what it means to be a follower of Christ in terms of fulfilling the Great Commission.  My dreams have changed, in large part to the change in my vocation.  A change in dreams and a change in vocation can be God-driven (and I'm certain these were).  A change in mission, as in the Great Co-mission cannot.

2 comments:

pg slot ซื้อฟรีสปิน said...

PG SLOT ซื้อฟรีสปิน พีจีสล็อต เป็นบริการเกมสล็อตออนไลน์รูปแบบใหม่ มีเกมสล็อตให้เลือกเล่นมากยิ่งกว่า 1,000 เกม ในเว็บไซต์ PG-SLOT.GAME

เว็บ สล็อต ออนไลน์อันดับ 1 said...

เว็บ สล็อต ออนไลน์อันดับ 1 ในทวีปเอเชีย เป็นเว็บออนไลน์ ที่ดีเยี่ยมที่1ของไทย พีจี สล็อต ระบบน่าไว้วางใจ เล่นได้ จ่ายจริง ไม่มีต่ำ ฝาก-ถอน เร็วทันใจเล่นง่ายไม่ยุ่งยาก ทำเงิน ได้จริง