Thursday, May 07, 2009

Meet Nutty


I'd like to introduce you to my new friend, Nutty.  Nutty is my new Webkinz.  He's a squirrel with an old fashioned country bedroom.  I'm trying to pass on my love of baseball to him by building him a baseball themed playroom.  The floor looks like a playing field.  The walls are decorated like a stadium.  Slowly I'm buying furniture and appliances for the room that look like baseball equipment.

Nutty was another one of those special birthday gifts.  Each of my sons has a couple of Webkinz.  Joshua really enjoys the online world.  I don't think there is anything about it he does not know.  He talks about it all the time.  Joshua thought I would enjoy it as well, so he bought Nutty for me.  Once I opened the gift, he could not wait to help me get registered, help me furnish my room, and show me where all the cool stuff in Webkinz World is located.  You might say he moved with a certain evangelistic zeal.  

Joshua's fervor brought to mind how we should view our faith journeys.  Are our journeys so meaningful to us that we think everyone should have one?  Are we willing to help novices navigate through the often uncertain waters?  Are we willing to befriend them and interact with them in their world so they will be more comfortable?

Just a thought.  BTW, if you're ever in Webkinz World, send a note to gutmajohar.  I'll show you Nutty's playroom and then we can go to the arcade together.

No comments: