Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Momentous Day

Policy issues and opinions aside, today is a historic day for our country. Our first African-American president has taken office. While watching the inauguration ceremonies , I could not help but feel some of the history. I also could not help but think of all the movies and television shows I've seen that have had fictional African-American presidents. Truth has caught up with fiction.

We'll see how the Obama presidency goes. For now I will celebrate what I hope will be a positive moment for our country.

2 comments:

Luke said...

Hey dude, I have a blog now. It will mostly be a picture blog. Who doesn't like a book with lots of pictures, eh? Might as well make a blog with lots of pictures. dinobasslove.blogspot.com

P.S. I'm following you on twitter.

Anonymous said...

Matt, it was a historic day. I don't know what his presidency will end up being, but there has been a fundamental change in this society as a result of him being elected president, that's for sure.