Wednesday, July 09, 2008

What is wrong with me?!!!

Pardon me while I engage in self-loathing and general American culture criticism, but we are so stupid! Because I have never smoked pot, drunk more than a sip or two of alcohol (only once voluntarily), or done anything other than prescription drugs, I do not have a very long resume of brain cell killing activities beyond normal childhood falls on the head. In order to meet the prerequisite quota of mind-numbing activities mandated by the Council of US Cultural Standards Enforcment Board, I watch television. Tonight I watched a few minutes of the Baby Borrowers and then the first sixty seconds of Celebrity Circus. When I stop to think that I have at least three blue million other similar options by which I can fulfill my duties, it makes me want to stand up and sing like Lee Greenwood, belting out "I'm Proud to Be an American." I'd probably change the next line to "where at least my brain is numb".

Thank you, and goodnight.

P.S. Despite looking like rather obvious product placement ads, none of the above links will net me any money.

1 comment:

Pastor Al said...

Hey Matt,

We switched from satellite to cable for a Road Runner package. The options are so bad on cable, that I have actually reduced my television time!

My sermons have improved exponentialy. (I pray Pastor Dan doesn't read your blog regularly.) I haven't heard of either show that you watched. (Just in case he is reading this.)

In summary, I never know what I am going to read, as I expectantly link to your blog. Sing it like Lee Greenwood...and I will buy you a Starbucks!